Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin' Email Image Map

Friday, February 20, 2015

Five for Friday! (My first linky party!)

Hi again!  I am so excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five for Friday linky party!  I have read so many of these and am happy to share my very own - finally!  I am having a lot of novelty being a beginning blogger at this moment.  Bear with me!



It has to be my new blog!!!!  This is a very exciting step for me and it is one that I have contemplated for a very long time.  I have not been certain I would be able to keep up with a blog because I sometimes feel that my time is already taken up with so many other things, but a blog is something I have wanted to do for a long time - sooooooo, here I go!  I am so incredibly excited with the look of my blog.  I was thrilled to work with Shanon from Blogs Fit for a Queen.  She was amazing to work with and was so patient with me as my indecisive self kept changing things.  She is so talented and made sure I was 100% happy with everything.  I couldn't be happier with how the blog design turned out and how easy Shanon was to work with.  If anyone is looking to update their blog, or even start one, I HIGHLY recommend Blogs Fit for a Queen!  
I also have to say a huge thank you to Belen Martindale from pixelpaperprints for creating such amazing clip art and allowing me to use it for my Teachers pay Teachers logo, Facebook page, and blog design.  Her work is adorable and I found her on Etsy.  
All of this came together so nicely and it just feels good to be able to write about these talented artists as my #1 in Five for Friday!



This sweet and thoughtful note was on my desk this morning.  I wasn't sure who gave it to me and asked my students if anyone gave this to me.  They all said no.  I found out that someone started this at my school - anonymous "love notes/thank you notes/I appreciate you notes" and it is brilliant!  Just write a thoughtful note to someone letting them know what you like about them and - BAM!  A bucket is filled!  It made my Friday and I am excited that I was given a blank paint chip to do the same to someone else.


Though the picture is grainy because it was taken on my cell phone with poor light, I had just gotten my hair cut!  I think all of you reading this can appreciate what an amazing feeling that is!!!!  I cut my hair short in December and this was the first time I had gone back since my first cut.  It was a much needed appointment and a great experience at an Aveda salon with my hair dresser that I have been going to for years.



My Fitbit is so wonderful!!!!  I can sometimes get into things for a brief moment, but then my enthusiasm fades.  The Fitbit has kept me motivated for over 2 months now and that might be a record.  The goal is pre-set to walk at least 10,000 steps each day.  It has been very curious to see how many steps I walk while teaching and it has also gotten me out to walk the track by my school most days at lunch for a few laps.  The only day this week I was not able to reach 10,000 steps was Tuesday and that was because I had to leave right after work to go get my haircut (see #3) and then I had dinner with a friend after.  I do so enjoy walking.  It is an exercise I have always liked and so the Fitbit seems like a great fit for my lifestyle so far.  I am very inspired to get at least 10,000 steps each day.  Do you have a Fitbit?  Or, what do you do to stay active?



This pile of goodness has been growing in my room above our cubbies.  Our 100th Day of kindergarten will be Tuesday, Feb. 24th and so I have been getting activities ready and prepped. The snacks are also coming to school.  It feels good to be prepared and ready, but I am also ready to celebrate and have our counter cleaned off!  I am trying to keep this organized, but it is taking over the space and I miss seeing the clear top of the cubbies that I normally see.

Here you have it :)  My first ever Five for Friday!  This is an exciting moment for me.  Thanks for reading and I will hope to see you again in cyber space very soon!


10 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you, Suzanne through the Five For Friday. I am a Special Ed co-ordinator from England so I like to share ideas with Kindergarten teachers as it is important to have those fun and creative ideas when teaching children who find certain concepts hard. Come over and visit my blog and hopefully you can find things useful to your teaching too :-) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I will be sure to check your blog out too! My district is inclusive so all of the special-ed kiddos are in the classrooms. I wonder what it is like where you work!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations with getting your blog started, you are going to do great! Have a great weekend.:)

    Alma
    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving sweet words of encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Love this blog design...your header is adorable!

    We just celebrated our 100th day so I can definitely identify with you about getting the room back to normal!

    Learning at the Teacher Table
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna! I am loving my header and new logo design as well! Congrats on your 100th day! Just read about it on your blog :) Hope it has warmed up where you are.

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzanne! Welcome to the blogging world! Your design is adorable! I'm a new blogger too, only been working on it for a little over a month but I'm loving connecting with educators from across the country. I'm so glad I found your blog because my class used your adorable George Washington directed drawings in class yesterday! We didn't get a chance to color them but I posted a few pictures of them on my blog post. The kids loved them so thank you!! Good luck with your blog, I will be sure to follow you!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayme! I loved reading your Five for Friday and seeing the directed drawings as one of your top 5. Awwwww!!! I am so glad you stopped by. Nice to "meet" you. See you around on IG and blogland!

      Delete
  5. Your haircut is totes adorbs. Isn't getting some random love the best? I had a parent call and give me a sweet compliment yesterday. It really makes it all worth it. Welcome to blogging!!

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the compliment on my hair :) I love my gal! if only it would look like that everyday! Yes. Random compliments are great and reminds us that what we are doing is so important and that others do appreciate us. I am excited about blogging! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete